August 01, 2008

Water, Water Everywhere

Today my cousin Rob took us to Water Country USA which is a waterpark in Williamsburg about half an hour away. I remember this place from my childhood as being THE MOST FUN PLACE ON EARTH. We went when I was about 8 or so, and it is still a vivid memory in my mind today. The slides! The wavepool! The neverending water heaven! Well, I was a bit skeptical how the kids would take to it because a) they don't like crowded places and b) they aren't exactly dare devils. Well, was I ever wrong! Bradley was a bit frightened by the multi-story water slide (probably shouldn't have taken her up on that one), but Henry absolutely LOVED every minute of it and can't wait to go again. We got there when it opened and didn't leave until 4pm! Thanks Uncle Rob!!!!




1 comment:

Sallie said...

Hi Julie and Family:

Thanks for the postcard and refresher on your blog/website. I loved checking it out.

I am delighted that you are back in VA and enjoying such a great house and lifestyle.

Let us know if you get to Richmond and I will let you know if we head east. We own a 16 foot Hobie and are always looking for people and places to sail. Let me know if your "backyard" and river can accomodate such a boat launching and sailing.

All is well here. I start my final semester of nursing school next week and will graduate in December. Richard's business continues to pay the bills and keep his interest. Michael is practicing here in Richmond on his own as an architect and has recently hired a second architect to help him with his business. Elizabeth will start the masters program at Johns Hopkins in the fall to become a pediatric nurse practitioner.

Thanks for staying in touch,
Sallie Cross